Best Home Inspection for your Money in the Sarasota Area
There are literally thousands of home inspectors in the Central West Coast area, thousands. Why Alpha Home Inspection Services?
- I am just like you: Just like you, my home is the largest investment that I have. What ever I can do to make it last longer, intelligently delay or manage major expenses are always on my mind to protect my investment.
- Experience: I have 30 years of engineering and construction experience. I have forever been overseeing construction projects. I have created industry program after program for inspection and reporting procedures. I have trained and mentored dozens and dozens and dozens of junior and senior engineers for the same. I bring engineering discipline, logic, and observation to every inspection I do.
- Maturity: As a 30-year consulting engineer, I have worked with people from all walks of life, with all sorts of backgrounds and personal experience, and all sorts of technical knowledge; from advanced (Ph.D.) to none. I will relate to you, both verbally and written, in terms that you can understand. I want you to completely understand the condition of the property that you are considering for purchase.
- Reporting: After each inspection I will provide you a report. It will be written in language that is clear. It will be written to HELP YOU, my client. It will provide visual queues so that you can quickly focus on what is important, and not be “lost in the sauce”.
- Networking: I will occasionally see something that I have never seen before. Sometimes I see things that may have severe consequences. I am very quick to seek opinions or confirmations from a network of other inspectors or tradesmen, the opinions of whom are well regarded in their industry.
Home Inspection in Sarasota FL
Alpha Home Inspection Services is not “just” an inspection service. We are part of the Home Inspection community. We are active members in InterNachi, the world’s largest Home Inspection organization, and FABI, the strongest home inspection organization specializing in the local inspection concerns and considerations in the State of Florida.
Alpha Home Inspections are comprehensive. When we look at a home, we assess the following:
- Site Condition: Grading, landscaping, flora, and fauna.
- Structure Exterior: Exterior materials and condition, openings (windows and doors), and any penetrations of the exterior.
- Structure: Type of foundation. The floor, walls, ceilings, and attic structures.
- Roofing: The materials used and the construction of the roof structure. The seals around penetrations, and the flashing where necessary.
- Plumbing: Plumbing consists of both water and gas plumbing. The plumbing is evaluated for integrity, service, leakage, venting, and control.
- Electrical: Type of service, integrity of the service panel, the circuit distribution, the safety equipment installed.
- HVAC: The type of heating and air conditioning. The compatibility between heating and cooling units, the control, the age, the venting, the ducting, and the condensate waste handling.
- Interior: The condition of floors, walls and ceilings. The assessment of leaks from behind the ceilings and walls.
- Stairs: The construction of the stairs, as well as the safety concerns of the stairs.
- Appliances: The condition and life expectancy of those units in the home.
- Insulation and Ventilation: We will assess the adequacy of the insulation of the home as well as the ventilation of the attic spaces.
- Decks and Balconies: If the home has either or both, we will assess their construction and safety as well as that of the stairs to them and the railings around them
- Pools: If the home has a pool we will assess its visual condition, the condition of the deck surrounding it, as well as a cursory review of the plumbing and electrical involved.
- Fireplaces: Solid-fuel (wood, coal, pellets, other), electric, or gas, we will evaluate the accessible parts of the fireplace including the firebox, the hearths, the lintel, the mantle, the damper, and the exterior of the chimney itself.